[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Drivers for Paradise VGA

spectre@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Robert Sillett) (11/22/89)

My computer lab recently installed 52 Digital DECstation 316's.  Much
to our suprise, they came with 256kB Paradise VGA cards installed (8
bit).  Since 256kB is enough to support 640 x 400 x 256 colors, I was
wondering if anyone had a driver for MS Windows, Lotus, or Word
Perfect 5.0, etc.

 --- Robert Sillett
--
Robert Sillett -- Univ. of Pittsburgh
Internet: Spectre@Unix.CIS.Pitt.Edu  [130.49.254.10]

freak@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (c.e.malloy..iii) (11/22/89)

> My computer lab recently installed 52 Digital DECstation 316's.  Much
> to our suprise, they came with 256kB Paradise VGA cards installed (8
> bit).  Since 256kB is enough to support 640 x 400 x 256 colors, I was
> wondering if anyone had a driver for MS Windows, Lotus, or Word
> Perfect 5.0, etc.

All of the drivers from Paradise are available from their BBS. Just
call The Paradise Systems BBS @ 1(415) 968-1834.  It's all menu
driven and very easy to find what you are looking for.

Clancy Malloy                                               Oh, my own life
AT&T Bell Labs                                 Is all I can hope to control
UNIX System Administration                                  Oh, let my life
Naperville, IL                                        Be lived for the good
(708) 979-3946                                             Good of my soul.
att!ihlpa!cem                                                 -- Tom Paxton

mr@cica.cica.indiana.edu (Michael Regoli) (11/22/89)

spectre@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Robert Sillett) writes:

>My computer lab recently installed 52 Digital DECstation 316's.  Much
>to our suprise, they came with 256kB Paradise VGA cards installed (8
>bit).  Since 256kB is enough to support 640 x 400 x 256 colors, I was
>wondering if anyone had a driver for MS Windows, Lotus, or Word
>Perfect 5.0, etc.

There should have been two diskettes with the card that contains
MS Windows (2.0), GEM, AutoCAD, Cadvance, Ventura Publisher and
Framework drivers.  Our (5.25") diskettes are labelled: "VGA Plus
Card Utilities Version 1.5" and contain the following files:

===Disk One===
 25           gemsetup.rsc ibmpss18.fnt make.bat     readme.bat   romcheck.com
 43           gemsetup.txt ibmpss36.fnt pvga1.sc     readme.p1    sd_ps800.ega
 acad.txt     gs800.drv    ibmptr07.fnt pvga2.sc     readme.p2    vgaplus.exe
 ds800.exe    gsvga.drv    ibmptr10.fnt pvga3.sc     readme.p3    vp1_1.txt
 ds800r9.exe  ibmpss07.fnt ibmptr14.fnt pvga4.sc     readme.p4    vpdriver.exe
 gemprint.sys ibmpss10.fnt ibmptr18.fnt pvga5.sc     readme.p5
 gemsetup.app ibmpss14.fnt ibmptr36.fnt pvga800.sys  readme.p6

===Disk Two===
 123fd.bat    font_25.i    pvga.drv     rambios.sys  sp0_25s.drv  symfd.bat
 123hd.bat    font_43.i    pvga.grb     readme.bat   sp0_43s.drv  symhd.bat
 cpylts.bat   lotus.txt    pvga.lgo     readme2.p1   sp1_480s.drv windows.txt
 ds480.exe    program.txt  rambios.exe  readme2.p2   sp1_600s.drv

You should talk to whoever installed the cards to find out where the
drivers are.

--
michael regoli
mr@cica.indiana.edu

werner@aecom.yu.edu (Craig Werner) (11/24/89)

In article <20796@unix.cis.pitt.edu>, spectre@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Robert Sillett) writes:

> My computer lab recently installed 52 Digital DECstation 316's.  Much
> to our suprise, they came with 256kB Paradise VGA cards installed (8
> bit).  Since 256kB is enough to support 640 x 400 x 256 colors, I was
> wondering if anyone had a driver for MS Windows, Lotus, or Word
> Perfect 5.0, etc.

	If all else fails, try the Western Digital/Paradise BBS at
1-415-968-1834, 1200/N/8/1.

--
	        Craig Werner   (future MD/PhD, 4.5 years down, 2.5 to go)
	     werner@aecom.YU.EDU -- Albert Einstein College of Medicine