[comp.sys.ibm.pc] > 32MB HD partitions

root@mccc.uucp (Pete Holsberg) (11/17/89)

I just switched to a version of MSDOS that permits >32MB partitions on
the HD (I have a single 72MB one) and I find that SD and NU (Advanced,
4.5) are very unhappy.  Is there a version of SD (super directory) that
works, and is there something I can do with Norton??

Thanks,
Pete
--
Pete Holsberg                UUCP: {...!rutgers!}princeton!mccc!pjh
Mercer College               CompuServe: 70240,334

leonard@bucket.UUCP (Leonard Erickson) (11/24/89)

root@mccc.uucp (Pete Holsberg) writes:

>I just switched to a version of MSDOS that permits >32MB partitions on
>the HD (I have a single 72MB one) and I find that SD and NU (Advanced,
>4.5) are very unhappy.  Is there a version of SD (super directory) that
>works, and is there something I can do with Norton??

Norton 4.5 works fine with Compaq MS-DOS 3.31, and PC-DOS 4.x both of which
allow greater than 32 meg partitions. So I'd guess that the DOS you are
using is too non-standard to be supported by Norton. I'd suggest switching
to Compaq's MS-DOS 3.31. They're a big enough company that their version
of DOS gets supported.
--
Leonard Erickson		...!tektronix!reed!percival!bucket!leonard
CIS: [70465,203]