[comp.sys.ibm.pc] VGA-Screen-->File

MUHRTH@DB0TUI11.BITNET (Thomas Muhr) (11/21/89)

For documentation purposes I am in need of a resident program to dump
standard VGA-screens (640x480x16) to a file in a format supported by
WP 5.0 or Pagemaker. The problem is, that the program distributed with
WordPerfect 5.0 uses a hot-key which is not passed by the application
which produces the graphics - namely SmallTalk V/286.
We use ATI VGA Wonder cards with 256KB RAM.
If such a program is in the public domain please give a pointer.
Thanks very much -
Thomas
-------
Thomas Muhr, Technical University of Berlin, BITNET: muhrth@db0tui11
   Project ATLAS - Computer Based Tools for Qualitative Research
         "Computers, like every technology, are a vehicle
      for the transformation of tradition." (WINOGRAD/FLORES)

vgopal@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (venu.p.gopal) (11/26/89)

In article <447@DB0TUI11.BITNET> MUHRTH@DB0TUI11.BITNET (Thomas Muhr) writes:
>For documentation purposes I am in need of a resident program to dump
>standard VGA-screens (640x480x16) to a file in a format supported by
>WP 5.0 or Pagemaker. The problem is, that the program distributed with
>WordPerfect 5.0 uses a hot-key which is not passed by the application
>which produces the graphics - namely SmallTalk V/286.
>We use ATI VGA Wonder cards with 256KB RAM.
>If such a program is in the public domain please give a pointer.
>Thanks very much - >Thomas

Don't know what your printer type is, but if it is a postscript printer
you may want to try SCRtoPS - a program to dump the screen into
encapsulated postscript that should be readable by WP or pagemaker.

It comes with a utility that is able to overcome the hot-key problem
for many of the applications that suppress the shift-printscreen hotkey.
Don't know if it will work with your application.  You can get more info
from Offe Enterprises, 1163 E. Ogden Ave., #705-131, Naperville, IL USA
60563 (708)-357-6679.

Venu P. Gopal
att!ihuxy!vgopal