[comp.sys.ibm.pc] SpinRite & WD 27X

@wpi.wpi.edu ( ) (11/21/89)

I have a Seagate ST-238R 32 Meg RLL-format hard drive and a Western Digital
controller WD....-27X (don't remember the number, don't have it with me).

And I want to run SpinRite, but it won't run with the controller's default
jumper settings.  Does anyone know what the correct jumper settings are ?

Any useful help is greatly appreciated.

bob@omni.com (Bob Weissman) (11/25/89)

In article <5754@wpi.wpi.edu>, @wpi.wpi.edu ( ) writes:
> I have a Seagate ST-238R 32 Meg RLL-format hard drive and a Western Digital
> controller WD....-27X (don't remember the number, don't have it with me).
> And I want to run SpinRite, but it won't run with the controller's default
> jumper settings.  Does anyone know what the correct jumper settings are ?

Hmm, if you had paid for your copy of SpinRite, you would have
found the answer to this question in the manual.

--
Bob Weissman	USENET administrator for omni.com
Internet:	bob@omni.com

klc@occrsh.ATT.COM (11/25/89)

The correct setting(s) are listed in the back of the SpinRite manual.  If
you do not have the manual, email me and I will give you the settings

Later
Keith Chappell
att!occrsh!klc

afg@cbnewsl.ATT.COM (andrew.goldberg) (11/27/89)

In article <5754@wpi.wpi.edu>, @wpi.wpi.edu ( ) writes:
> I have a Seagate ST-238R 32 Meg RLL-format hard drive and a Western Digital
> controller WD....-27X (don't remember the number, don't have it with me).
>
> And I want to run SpinRite, but it won't run with the controller's default
> jumper settings.  Does anyone know what the correct jumper settings are ?

	* Ahem *
	A section in the SpinRite manual is clearly marked and devoted
	to this topic.  Perhaps you have overlooked this.

	Andy Goldberg
	AT&T Bell Laboratories
	afg@vilya.att.com