[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Tandon DataPac 286 Hardware problems

troeger@ttidca.TTI.COM (Jeff Troeger) (11/28/89)

I have a Tandon DataPac 286 with 2 40mb Data Pacs (about 6 months old), and
I'm starting to have hardware problems with the receptacles and disk
controllers. I would like to get comments from other Tandon DataPac users
as to any problems they are having. Right now, the retail company I bought it
from doesn't give me much confidence in their ability to correct the problem,
and if the problem I'm seeing is a symptom of more problems to come, I'd like
to be prepared.
					Thanks much,

						Jeff Troeger

--
Jeff Troeger - Citicorp (+) TTI              "Of all the things I've lost,
3100 Ocean Park Bl.                           I miss my mind the most"

ben@val.com (Ben Thornton) (11/30/89)

troeger@ttidca.TTI.COM (Jeff Troeger) writes:

>I have a Tandon DataPac 286 with 2 40mb Data Pacs (about 6 months old), and
>I'm starting to have hardware problems with the receptacles and disk
>controllers. I would like to get comments from other Tandon DataPac users
>as to any problems they are having. Right now, the retail company I bought it
>from doesn't give me much confidence in their ability to correct the problem,
>and if the problem I'm seeing is a symptom of more problems to come, I'd like
>to be prepared.
>					Thanks much,

>						Jeff Troeger

We have begun using these systems recently.  Out of about 5 systems so
far, one has had a problem with a data-pack receptacle.  We have not
yet attempted to troubleshoot it, so I can't get any more specific about
what the real problem may be.

If any one else has problems with these machines, I would also like to
know about them.

--

Ben Thornton             packet:  WD5HLS @ KB5PM   Internet:  ben@val.com
Video Associates Labs      uucp:  ...!cs.utexas.edu!val!ben