[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Rx for Doctors office

jon@hpsad.HP.COM (Jon Aldrich) (11/30/89)

Dear netters,

  I'm going to help install a PC in a medical office.  Could anyone with any
knowledge about what might be the appropriate software for dealing with
patient records, billing, ledger, database etc.etc. in a doctors office, let
your recomendations be known.  Or, if you know of something that absolutly
should NOT be done, let me know that also; please!

  There seems to be such an overwhelming amount of business software available
out there that it just swamps a poor techie like me.

  I'll take any answers on the net or email.

Jon Aldrich
jon@hpsad.hp.com

bumby@math.rutgers.edu (Richard Bumby) (12/02/89)

In article <780022@hpsad.HP.COM> jon@hpsad.HP.COM (Jon Aldrich) writes:

> Dear netters,
>
>   I'm going to help install a PC in a medical office.  Could anyone
> with any knowledge about what might be the appropriate software for
> dealing with patient records, billing, ledger, database etc.etc. in
> a doctors office, let your recomendations be known. . . .

Funny you should ask.  I just threw out a Princeton Alumni newsrag
that had an article about someone who, as a high school student, wrote
a package like that for his father.  He got a lot of practice sounding
sophisticated when he was talking to the computer experts.  I do
remember that the package was written in assembly language, so it
should be small and fast, though not necessarily user-friendly in the
way that is used these days.

Any Princeton Alumus out there who hasn't thrown out the paper yet
might provide more details -- especially a way to get in touch with
the author of the package.
--

--R. T. Bumby ** Math ** Rutgers ** New Brunswick ** NJ08903 ** USA --
  above postal address abbreviated by internet to bumby@math.rutgers.edu