[comp.sys.ibm.pc] everex implementation of unix

jpenny@ms.uky.edu (Jim Penny) (11/30/89)

Does anyone have experience with this (relatively recent) implementation?
In particular, is anyone using it with RFS?  What hardware is supported
wrt network cards?  Does it seem solid?
					  Thanks
					  Jim Penny

mikes@NCoast.ORG (Mike Squires) (12/03/89)

In article <13366@s.ms.uky.edu> jpenny@ms.uky.edu (Jim Penny) writes:

>Does anyone have experience with this (relatively recent) implementation?
>In particular, is anyone using it with RFS?  What hardware is supported
>wrt network cards?  Does it seem solid?
>					  Thanks
>					  Jim Penny

The "fiver" BBS at 415 562 8809/8806 runs ESIX.  The Sysop reports problems
with X (slow) but otherwise he likes it.  I don't know if he's tested the
networking.