[comp.sys.ibm.pc] RAM card recomendations

tmurphy@wpi.wpi.edu (Tom [Chris] Murphy) (11/29/89)

I'm looking for recomendations for AT RAM cards that support a mix of
extended and expanded memory, and can be purchased with 0K RAM.  Any
suggestions?

Thomas C. Murphy                  Worcester Polytechnic Institute CAD Lab
         Internet:   tmurphy@wpi.wpi.edu   tmurphy@zaphod.wpi.edu
             BITNET:     TMURPHY@WPI           BIX:  tmurphy
                          CompuServe: 73766,130

If the Universe is constantly expanding, why can't I ever find a parking space?

chasm@attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Charles Marslett) (12/04/89)

In article <5858@wpi.wpi.edu>, tmurphy@wpi.wpi.edu (Tom [Chris] Murphy) writes:
> I'm looking for recomendations for AT RAM cards that support a mix of
> extended and expanded memory, and can be purchased with 0K RAM.  Any
> suggestions?

There is an article comparing several of the "better" EMS 4.0 compatible
boards in the latest(?) issue of PC Magazine.  They have a couple of cheaper
fast cards, and some with gobs of features -- I'd get a copy if I were looking
for an EMS card.  The STB RapidMEG ($399) and the JustRAM/ATZ ($425) were the
two cheapest.

> Thomas C. Murphy                  Worcester Polytechnic Institute CAD Lab
>          Internet:   tmurphy@wpi.wpi.edu   tmurphy@zaphod.wpi.edu
>              BITNET:     TMURPHY@WPI           BIX:  tmurphy
>                           CompuServe: 73766,130

Charles Marslett
STB Systems, Inc.  <-- apply all standard disclaimers
chasm@attctc.dallas.tx.us

P.S.  I can't help but point out we got editor's choice :) :) :)  Mostly
      for being cheapest, fastest, and easiest to install [not so many bells
      and whistles, but they tend to go for simplicity most of the time].