[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Lotus Freelance Plus question

ppd491@leah.Albany.Edu (Peter P. Donohue) (12/02/89)

   My school has two copies of Lotus Freelance Plus that they received
as evaluation copies who knows how long ago. I have taken it upon myself
to try them out, but am having problems at it.
   To start off, one set of the original disks are missing.  Using the
set we have, I tried following their directions for startup and
instalation. I ran the program FL_HD.BAT (a batch file, located on
Utility 1 disk, that is supposed to load the program to a hard drive)
which looks for a copy of the file FL.COM on the Program 1 disk.  The
problem is that FL.COM is missing from the disk. Without this, the batch
file can't load the program to the hard drive (it is one of the files
that it checks for in the process).
   I have read through the batch files and can copy all the rest of the
files to the hard drive, but will the program work without this file? It
looks like the school never registered either copy (the cards are still
there), so I don't know how much technical support I can get from Lotus
Developement Corp.  Any ideas on what I should do to get the program
working again?
   I have only read the parts of the manual on installation (I know, I
know, I should RTFM, but it is huge and I don't know where to start). If
the answer to the questions is located in the manual, could you point me
in the right direction? Thanks for any help.

                                                Pete

--
Peter P. Donohue
ppd491@albny1vx.bitnet               .  "Education is a journey,

ml@datlog.co.uk ( Martyn Legge ) (12/06/89)

ppd491@leah.Albany.Edu (Peter P. Donohue) writes:

>   My school has two copies of Lotus Freelance Plus that they received
>as evaluation copies who knows how long ago. I have taken it upon myself
>to try them out, but am having problems at it.
>   To start off, one set of the original disks are missing.  Using the
>set we have, I tried following their directions for startup and
>instalation. I ran the program FL_HD.BAT (a batch file, located on
>Utility 1 disk, that is supposed to load the program to a hard drive)
>which looks for a copy of the file FL.COM on the Program 1 disk.  The
>problem is that FL.COM is missing from the disk. Without this, the batch
>file can't load the program to the hard drive (it is one of the files
>that it checks for in the process).

>   I have read through the batch files and can copy all the rest of the
>files to the hard drive, but will the program work without this file?

   No it won't  fl.com is "the program" to all intents and purposes.
   Although fl.com does not have all the function in it, it loads the
   programs that do and they wont load without it.

   Sorry.

Martyn