[comp.sys.ibm.pc] UNIX-like MAKE for MS-DOS

cohend@callisto.rtp.dg.com (12/06/89)

Does anyone know of a MAKE source control for MS-DOS that
is identical (or very close) to ATT System V MAKE ? I would like
to be able to use the same makefiles for software that runs on
DOS and UNIX. M/S MAKE doesn't cut it, but TURBO C's MAKE is
better. You can post reponse, but please email me as I am an
infrequent forum vistor. Thanks...

David Cohen                              cohend@dg-rtp.dg.com
Data General Corporation                 {world}!mcnc!rti!dg-rtp!cohend
Research Triangle Park, NC

jbeard@ntvax.uucp (Jeff Beardsley) (12/09/89)

	Believe it or not, IBM C/2 (a derivative of MicroSoft C 5.0)
has a make utility nearly identical to Unix make.

--
----- <Jeff Beardsley> --------------------- <jbeard@dept.csci.unt.edu> -----
Any similarity between my opinions and the opinion of any other person,

schriste@uceng.UC.EDU (Steven V. Christensen) (12/10/89)

jbeard@ntvax.uucp (Jeff Beardsley) writes:

>	Believe it or not, IBM C/2 (a derivative of MicroSoft C 5.0)
>has a make utility nearly identical to Unix make.

I believe that is only for version 1.1. Version 1.0 has the same
brain-damaged make as before.

>--
>----- <Jeff Beardsley> --------------------- <jbeard@dept.csci.unt.edu> -----
>Any similarity between my opinions and the opinion of any other person,
>living or dead, is purely coincidental.
--
Steven V. Christensen
U.C. College of Eng.