[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Looking for a cheap source for 386 *cpu* chips

mg@notecnirp.Princeton.EDU (Michael Golan) (12/10/89)

Dear netters!
I am looking for a cheap source to buy 80386 *CPU* chips from,
possibly in quantities, to be shipped out of the U.S.
Searching in PC-Mag and calling Intel, I found no *cheap* source.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated
Thanks
  Michael Golan
  mg@princeton.edu

joefritz@pawl.rpi.edu (Jochen M. Fritz) (12/11/89)

In article <22275@princeton.Princeton.EDU> mg@princeton.Princeton.EDU (Michael Golan) writes:
>Dear netters!
>I am looking for a cheap source to buy 80386 *CPU* chips from,
>possibly in quantities, to be shipped out of the U.S.
>Searching in PC-Mag and calling Intel, I found no *cheap* source.

Warning:  The current Government still thinks that the 386 chip is a
dangerous technology that must not fall into the hands of dangerous Communists.
If you want to bring them out of the country, you are either going to have
to "smeak" :-) or fill out huge custons forms :-(.  Be sure you have clearence
before you buy them.  Note: the same is true for some 68k series chips.

Jochen Fritz  aka Noah
If all else fails, be more general.  Failing that, say "42".