[comp.sys.ibm.pc] CapsLock <--> Control in Windows?

grosen@amadeus.ucsb.edu (Mark D. Grosen) (12/12/89)

I am starting to use MS Windows and would like to swap the caps-lock and
control keys on my keyboard.  Under DOS, I have a little utility that
works fine, but does nothing when Windows is loaded.

Thanks for any info.

Mark

Mark D. Grosen		ARPA: grosen@amadeus.ucsb.edu
Signal Processing Lab / Communications Research Lab
ECE Dept.
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA  93106

toma@tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM (Tom Almy) (12/12/89)

In article <3288@hub.UUCP> grosen@amadeus.ucsb.edu (Mark D. Grosen) writes:

>I am starting to use MS Windows and would like to swap the caps-lock and
>control keys on my keyboard.  Under DOS, I have a little utility that
>works fine, but does nothing when Windows is loaded.

IBM just can't design a keyboard! You have two choices:

1. Take your keyboard apart, break the runs to the Ctrl and Caps-Lock
   keys, and rewire.

2. Buy a keyboard that has them in the propper place (I have a strong
   liking of the Northgate OmniKey/102).

Tom Almy
toma@tekgvs.labs.tek.com
Standard Disclaimers Apply