[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Ram Prices

ted@helios (Ted Cantrall) (12/13/89)

> The best source of info is usually Computer Shopper.  There are many
>many place
> s that sell memory chips.  1 Mbit 80 ns chips I have seen for $12.  Unitex in
> Las Vegas, Nevada seems to have about the best prices on chips.
>
>                                                       Brent H. Besler

As of Dec 10, Fry's Electronics; 541 Lakeside Dr; Sunnyvale CA (408)733-1770
has 1 Mbit, 80 ns chips for $9.19. others as follows:
256k	120ns	2.19
256k	100ns	2.29
256k	 80ns	2.59
256k	 60ns	4.49
			-ted-
ted@helios.ucsc.edu         | "The opinions are mine...
(408)459-2110               |    ...the facts are public domain."

gordon@eecea.eece.ksu.edu (Dwight Gordon) (12/14/89)

In article <10013@saturn.ucsc.edu> ted@helios (Ted Cantrall) writes:
>> The best source of info is usually Computer Shopper.  . . .

  This is NOT necessarily true during a period, like the present, when
RAM prices are changing (falling at the moment).  The lead time for an
advertisement in a monthly like C.S. is significant compared to weekly
magazines such as PC Week or INFOWORLD.  Most advertisers (after the 1987
price changes) don't commit to advertised prices ("prices subject to
change").  You are more likely to get a current price in a weekly.  Even
with an advertisement in a weekly, it is best to call to confirm the prices.

- Dwight -
--
Dwight W. Gordon, Ph.D.  |   913-532-5600    |   gordon@eecea.eece.ksu.edu
Electrical & Computer Engineering Department |     dwgordon@ksuvm.bitnet