[comp.sys.ibm.pc] filec TSR

scarlett@watserv1.waterloo.edu (B. Scarlett) (12/13/89)

My sanity requires file completion (ala csh).  Are there any
available via ftp? (either TSR's or a csh).  Thanks

--
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned                    Scarlett@watserv1
Father it was either me or him,                         U. of Waterloo

src@cup.portal.com (Steve R Calwas) (12/14/89)

B. Scarlett writes:

>My sanity requires file completion (ala csh).  Are there any
>available via ftp? (either TSR's or a csh).  Thanks

ANARKEY, the DOS command-line editor, contains extensive file completion
capabilities, as well as a plethora of additional functions, including
comprehensive UNIX switchar support for all you netland UNIX natives.
ANARKEY also supports EMS so it requires only 1K of memory.

The latest version, 3.0, was recently posted to comp.binaries.ibm.pc.  It is
also available via ftp from SIMTEL20, but I'm not exactly sure where it is
stored.

Steve Calwas                 src@cup.portal.com
Santa Clara, CA              ...!sun!cup.portal.com

bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (RAMontante) (12/14/89)

I use Anarkey, which does command completion, history, aliases, etc. and
can live in expanded memory.  It's nice enough that I coughed up some of
my scarce student-stipend money to register it...

If you're even poorer than me, can do without aliases and expanded memory
(and are moral about shareware), or you want source code, look for a
freeware package called History (version 1.4 or later).  Original author
Michael Rubenstein, updates by Russell Nelson.  It's a very nice program,
and I recommend it highly --- but Anarkey's additional functionality is
so nice that I spent the bucks to upgrade to that.