[comp.sys.ibm.pc] autocad version 10 system requirements

amichiel@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Michielsen) (12/12/89)

I just upgraded my 8 mhz PC/XT clone with a inboard PC 386.
Of course I can't afford that math co-processor for it not.
I was terribly woeful to discover that autocad version 10 (c2)
wouldn'd run with out a math coprocessor.  Or so it reports now.
I reviewed the documentation and boy am I Bummed.
Does ANYBODY have a working method around this problem ?  (short of buying
the 80387 for $ 330 or so).

P.S.  I now find I have 640k of RAM for sale.  18  256K 120 ns & 18 64K 120 ns
       BEST OFFER
P.P.S  I know this doesn't actually belong here but it was only 80 bytes extra

AL

wek@point.UUCP (Bill Kuykendall) (12/15/89)

>Item: 3738 by lmhg0369 at uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
>  Subj: DOS 4.01: need partition s'ware?
>  Keyw:
>  Date: Fri Dec 08 1989 14:30 CST

>  Resp: 4 of 4 by amichiel at rodan.acs.syr.edu
>  Date: Wed Dec 13 1989 05:39 CST
>

>I just upgraded my 8 mhz PC/XT clone with a inboard PC 386.
>Of course I can't afford that math co-processor for it not.
>I was terribly woeful to discover that autocad version 10 (c2)
>wouldn'd run with out a math coprocessor.  Or so it reports now.
>I reviewed the documentation and boy am I Bummed.

C'mon guy, post your own message, will ya?  You must be the kind of twit who
puts every file you have in your root directory.  Sheesh, give us a break
here.  You're cluttering up *thousands* of systems (including mine) when you
do this kind of crap on the network.  Not to mention the fact that you're
being totally rude to the original poster.