[comp.sys.ibm.pc] 800+MB WORM optical drive needed

zeeff@b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us (Jon Zeeff) (12/09/89)

Can anyone recommend a source for a 800MB or larger write once optical drive
for a PC?  Does anyone have any experience with them?

I'll summarize to the net if people mail responses.
--
Jon Zeeff    		<zeeff@b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us>
Branch Technology 	<zeeff@b-tech.mi.org>

seamans@nlm-mcs.arpa (James R. Seamans) (12/16/89)

In article <ZZ|MK+@b-tech.uucp> zeeff@b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us (Jon Zeeff) writes:
>Can anyone recommend a source for a 800MB or larger write once optical drive
>for a PC?  Does anyone have any experience with them?
>
>I'll summarize to the net if people mail responses.
>--
>Jon Zeeff    		<zeeff@b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us>
>Branch Technology 	<zeeff@b-tech.mi.org>

You might try the following company:

Maximum Storage, Inc
5025 Centennial Blvd.
Colorado Springs, CO  80919

719 531-6888

They currently have a drive, APX-4000 that is a 800MB worm with reported
effective access time of 28 msec.  Retail price is $4450.

In speaking with them just yesterday, they are shipping a 1GB, model
APX-5000 with the same access time for $3575.  Yes the price is correct.

We will be getting a few of these drives for our PC's plus for use on Sun
Workstations when the Sun product becomes available.

BTW, these are 5 1/4" drives.