[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Need help regarding Mitsubishi hard drive

sheinfel@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Aviad Sheinfeld) (12/16/89)

I just received my brand new Mitsubishi MR535R RLL hard drive

but no documentation was included.  I need to know its specs in

order to run setup on my AT.  Until then, I cannot use the drive.

If anyone knows how I can find out its specs, or if anyone has them,

please email me and I will post here.

Thanks very much...

Aviad

sheinfel@eniac.seas.upenn.edu

Internet: sheinfel@eniac.seas.upenn.edu
This is me and only me expressing opinions - not U of Penn!!!
I won't waste your time with an obnoxious signature...

macy@fmsystm.UUCP (Macy Hallock) (12/18/89)

In article <18179@netnews.upenn.edu> sheinfel@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Aviad Sheinfeld) writes:
>I just received my brand new Mitsubishi MR535R RLL hard drive
>but no documentation was included.  I need to know its specs in
>order to run setup on my AT.

5 heads, 977 cylinders, pre-comp/reduce (if req'd) 500, this drive is
usually type 17 in most AT rom disk lists.  AMI bios's have a habit
of having 987 cyl in type 17, and can present problems.

It will run 1:1 interleave nicely, RLL or MFM depending on your
controller.  MFM is usually 17 sectors/track, RLL usually 26 .

I have several of these in the voice mail systems I sell
in the field.  Good disk choice.  Hope you enjoy it.

 Macy M. Hallock, Jr.     macy@NCoast.ORG         uunet!aablue!fmsystm!macy
  F M Systems, Inc.      {uunet!backbone}!cwjcc.cwru.edu!ncoast!fmsystm!macy
 150 Highland Drive      Voice: +1 216 723-3000 Ext 251  Fax: +1 216 723-3223
Medina, Ohio 44256 USA   Cleveland:273-3000 Akron:239-4994 (Dial 251 at tone)
(Insert favorite disclaimer here)   (What if I gave a .sig and nobody cared?)