[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Logitech Mouse Driver and Turbo Debugger don't mix!!

pga-grd%ritcv@cs.rit.edu (pga-grd%ritcv@cs.rit.edu) (12/16/89)

	Greetings!

	I have an interesting problem involving my Logitech Bus Mouse (the
driver is version 3.4) and Turbo Debugger.  Whenever I am stepping through code
using the CPU window, TD invariably places me at the beginning of what appears
to be the hardware interrupt handler of the mouse driver.  This doesn't
happen with every instruction; in fact, I usually am able to get a fair
distance before it happens.  However, it ALWAYS happens at least once and
is very annoying.

	I have an idea of what is causing this, but I am interested in hearing
other opinions.  I would also like to know if subsequent revisions of the
driver took care of this?  Has anyone else experienced this??

	Thanks a bunch!

		- Jack D. Unrue

In article <1444@cs.rit.edu> pga-grd%ritcv@cs.rit.edu  (Jack D. Unrue) writes:
>	I have an idea of what is causing this, but I am interested in hearing
>other opinions.  I would also like to know if subsequent revisions of the
>driver took care of this?  Has anyone else experienced this??

	Sorry, sorry, I didn't mean that.  Of course, it isn't the driver's
fault.  But still, has anyone else ever encountered this problem, and
what has been done to work around it?

	Again, thanks!

		- Jack D. Unrue

hollen@eta.megatek.uucp (Dion Hollenbeck) (12/18/89)

From article <1445@cs.rit.edu>, by pga-grd%ritcv@cs.rit.edu (pga-grd%ritcv@cs.rit.edu):
> In article <1444@cs.rit.edu> pga-grd%ritcv@cs.rit.edu  (Jack D. Unrue) writes:
>>	I have an idea of what is causing this, but I am interested in hearing
>>other opinions.  I would also like to know if subsequent revisions of the
>>driver took care of this?  Has anyone else experienced this??
>>

> 	Sorry, sorry, I didn't mean that.  Of course, it isn't the driver's
> fault.  But still, has anyone else ever encountered this problem, and
> what has been done to work around it?

Sorry I did not catch the first  posting, so I don't know the exact
problem, but I have a Logitech mouse and use the driver and the
menu program to have special output of the mouse keys especially for
Turbo Debugger.  It works great.  My version of the mouse driver is
either 3.4 or 4.3, I don't remember, it is at home.  I had problems
with an earlier version and Codeview (no mouse at all), but the
later mouse driver fixed these and also works with Turbo Debugger.
	Dion Hollenbeck             (619) 455-5590 x2814
	Megatek Corporation, 9645 Scranton Road, San Diego, CA  92121

        uunet!megatek!hollen       or  hollen@megatek.uucp