[comp.sys.ibm.pc] HP paintjet printer - info request

medin@cod.NOSC.MIL (Ted Medin) (12/15/89)

 I have one of these printers and now was wondering what software is available
to use the color functions of this great printer. Sure is an improvement over
the pin printers but now the color function beckons.
73, ted
n6trf

mikem@copper.WR.TEK.COM (Mike Mihalik) (12/19/89)

In article <1727@cod.NOSC.MIL>, medin@cod.NOSC.MIL (Ted Medin) writes:

>  I have one of these printers and now was wondering what software is available
> to use the color functions of this great printer. Sure is an improvement over
> the pin printers but now the color function beckons.
> 73, ted
> n6trf

 regularly use the following applications with my Paintjet. Results
 are very good:

 Microsoft Windows - PaintJet Driver works well for the following
			Windows Applications:

			Corel Draw
			Micrografx DrawPlus
			Aldus PageMaker
			Computer Support Corp. Arts & Letters

 QMS UltraScript/PC - this is a postscript interpreter for the PC.
                      Version 2 was released in September, with color
		      capability, and compatible drivers for the HP
		      PaintJet, as well as the DeskJet and quite a few
		      other printers.

 Lotus Freelance+ V3.0/3.01

 Results on the HP PaintJet are an acceptable 180dpi for 8 color
 printing and 90dpi if all 330 color combos are tried.