[comp.sys.ibm.pc] for MIKE CROSS @att or kermit users

tcurrey@x102c.harris-atd.com (currey tom 76327) (12/21/89)

From: msc@ihc.att.com (Michael S Cross)
To: tcurrey@x102c.harris-atd.com
Subject: Re: Kermit binaries and UNIX

>I am having troubles with my file
>transfer with my UNIX(R) machine and my PROCOMM-PLUS(R). (I have Procomm Plus
>version 1.1B if that helps)  My UNIX man page states that it uses "96
>character checksummed packets".  I can only set my Procomm to "90" in the
>setup screen.  Would this cause the problem I am seeing:

>Is there a "packet length" option
>I can use for the UNIX side that will allow me to use the 90 character packets?
>Or isn't this my problem???  (I am specifying TEXT on the procomm and NO -i
>on the UNIX command line)

>---
>Michael S. Cross  (msc@ihc.att.com)  (312)-982-2018
>AT&T Bell Laboratories, 5555 Touhy Ave., Skokie, IL  60077
>________________________To Live is to risk Dying______________________________

 Mike,

 Sorry, this message bounced in mail several times.

 You must have a different version of kermit, I can only have a
maximum of 94 character packets. Anyway the packets can be changed
by typing on your UNIX or other machine:

		set send packet n       { n = # of chars (90) }

Also using kermit with PROCOMM you should use "kermit -x -i" on the server.
 Hope this helps.

				Tom Currey
				tcurrey@x102c.harris-atd.com