[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Word for Windows Upgrade

troj@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (12/21/89)

>From: cramer@optilink.UUCP (Clayton Cramer)
>Subject: Word For Windows: Will Upgrade Notices Be Sent?
>
>There's an article in the latest PC Week that asserts that Microsoft
>Word users can upgrade to Word For Windows for $150 through March 31st.
>Has anyone received an upgrade notice?  I'm a registered user of
>Microsoft Word, and I've heard nothing -- and I would very much like
>to buy it before the year end, for tax reasons.

Last week I called Microsoft about the upgrade.  According to the operator
I talked to, upgrade notices will be sent to all registered Word users in
January, which unfortunately means you will probably have to wait until
then.

-Kevin Trojanowski
 troj@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu
 trojpg@uiamvs.bitnet