[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Utility to relocate above 640K ?

haverlan@tramp.Colorado.EDU (HAVERLAND MARC BRADLEY) (12/19/89)

I'm looking for a utility that will allow me to relocate a program
in memory above 640K.  The specific problem that I have is as follows:

I am setting up a 10-Net Local Area Network, with a Western Digital NetBIOS.
I would like to put the NetBIOS above 640K.

Is this possible? Is this reasonable?  Do I need something other than an
expanded memory manager that comes with a memory board?

Thanks,

Marc Haverland
haverlan@tramp.colorado.edu
voice: 303-650-1100 or 303-449-4822

kaleb@mars.jpl.nasa.gov (Kaleb Keithley) (12/22/89)

In article <15006@boulder.Colorado.EDU> haverlan@tramp.Colorado.EDU (HAVERLAND MARC BRADLEY) writes:
>I'm looking for a utility that will allow me to relocate a program
>in memory above 640K.  The specific problem that I have is as follows:

Buy QuarterDeck's QEMM.  Comes with LOADHI.COM and LOADHI.SYS.  Both let you
run programs (TSRS, DEVICE DRIVERS) up in extended/expanded memory.

Chewey, get us outta here!

kaleb@mars.jpl.nasa.gov             (818)354-8771
Kaleb Keithley