[comp.sys.ibm.pc] 2 monitors on PC/Mac

werner@aecom.yu.edu (Craig Werner) (12/22/89)

In article <37474@apple.Apple.COM>, rewing@Apple.COM (Richard Ewing) writes:
> In article <1193@awdprime.UUCP> @cs.utexas.edu:ibmchs!auschs!woan.austin.ibm.com!ron writes:
> >In article <1989Dec21.010731.5240@hellgate.utah.edu>,
> >t-jacobs@cs.utah.edu (Tony Jacobs) writes:
> >> Oh, can the PC expand to two monitors and have contiguous workspace that
> >> is user configurable??

	Not generically, but I remember seeing two monitors hooked up to
a PC, one monochrome, one graphics, displaying separate things, as a
demonstration under DOS 2.0 back in 1982, even before there WAS a
Macintosh.  OK, so the Mac handles with a little bit more finesse. How
many people in this world use two monitors? OK, maybe its a little more
common among Macs because, for instance the SE screen size is so
abysmally limiting.
--
	        Craig Werner   (future MD/PhD, 4.5 years down, 2.5 to go)
	     werner@aecom.YU.EDU -- Albert Einstein College of Medicine

poffen@molehill (Russ Poffenberger) (12/25/89)

In article <2679@aecom.yu.edu> werner@aecom.yu.edu (Craig Werner) writes:
>	Not generically, but I remember seeing two monitors hooked up to
>a PC, one monochrome, one graphics, displaying separate things, as a
>demonstration under DOS 2.0 back in 1982, even before there WAS a
>Macintosh.  OK, so the Mac handles with a little bit more finesse. How
>many people in this world use two monitors? OK, maybe its a little more
>common among Macs because, for instance the SE screen size is so
>abysmally limiting.
>--

I have seen recently, a company offering a product that drives TWO vga monitors
at once. They also have a similar product for EGA. I don't have the info with
me (it is at work. I am off work till 1/2/90). I might be able to dig it up if
anyone is interested.

1601 Technology Drive		CIS:	72401,276
San Jose, Ca. 95110
(408)437-5254