[comp.sys.ibm.pc] PD YACC for DOS?

olsen@eecs.nwu.edu (Jeff S. Olsen) (12/22/89)

  Is there a PD version of YACC that runs under DOS?

Jeff Olsen
olsen@eecs.nwu.edu

ron@woan.austin.ibm.com (Ronald S. Woan/999999) (12/23/89)

In article <3580023@eecs.nwu.edu>, olsen@eecs.nwu.edu (Jeff S. Olsen) writes:
>   Is there a PD version of YACC that runs under DOS?

While not public domain, a PC version of BISON is freely available. It's
available as PCBISON.ARC on simtel20.arpa in directory pd1:<msdos.txtutl>.

					Ron

+ Ronald S. Woan  (IBM VNET)WOAN AT AUSTIN, (AUSTIN)ron@woan.austin.ibm.com +
+ outside of IBM       @cs.utexas.edu:ibmchs!auschs!woan.austin.ibm.com!ron +
+ last resort                                        woan@peyote.cactus.org +

sdawalt@wright.EDU (Shane Dawalt) (12/24/89)

in article <3580023@eecs.nwu.edu>, olsen@eecs.nwu.edu (Jeff S. Olsen) says:

>   Is there a PD version of YACC that runs under DOS?

  There was a PD version of BISON (PC version) floating around Compuserve a
while back.  I thought about downloading it, but halted abruptly when a someone
told me that BISON was buggy and that it produced code which some PC compilers
cannot handle.  Perhaps a newer version of BISON is available now.  Anyway, I
decided to _buy_ a LEX/YACC package.  The target: MKS LEX:YACC.  At least it
runs, produces code and Turbo C 2.0 compiles it without problems.  True, it
did cost $209 (less shipping), but hey!  No bugs (except what I create).

  Shane

harper@rigel.uucp (David Harper) (12/26/89)

In article <3580023@eecs.nwu.edu> olsen@eecs.nwu.edu (Jeff S. Olsen) writes:

>  Is there a PD version of YACC that runs under DOS?
>
>Jeff Olsen
>olsen@eecs.nwu.edu

There is a program available through simtel called PCBISON.ARC which is billed
as a YACC-like program from FSF.  Check in the TXTUTL directory.

Dave Harper    -     Convex Computer Corp.            E-mail address:
3000 Waterview Pky.  Richardson, TX 75081             harper@convex.COM
(214) 497-4525 (W)   (214) 727-4206 (H)