[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Wondering

akcs.thex@point.UUCP (Mike Jovanovic) (12/27/89)

I am new to the unix boards and I have a question that is not quite too
related to the IBMPC but seeing that this is an international conference I
figured that more people would read this and perhaps be able to help.  I
have heard that there are ways to get onto a CoCo echo (coco is the kind of
computer I have).  Would someone be able to tell me how to get a complete
list of echos?  I looked at the conferances available on this computer but
it seems like most are local raqther than national.  I have even heard that
one could send mail to compuserve through a Unix board.  Any help would be
appreciated.
-Mike

larry@nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) (01/02/90)

In article <[2597cecb:4078]comp.ibmpc@point.UUCP>, akcs.thex@point.UUCP (Mike Jovanovic) writes:
> I am new to the unix boards and I have a question that is not quite too
> related to the IBMPC but seeing that this is an international conference I
> figured that more people would read this and perhaps be able to help.  I
> have heard that there are ways to get onto a CoCo echo (coco is the kind of
> computer I have).  Would someone be able to tell me how to get a complete

I think that you are getting confused - the "Coco Echo" is a Fidonet
echomail conference and you are linked into usenet netnews which is
an entirely different network.  My advise would be to call another
board.

                uucp: larry@nstar -or- ...!iuvax!ndmath!nstar!larry
                         "Don't waste your time with QNX!"