[comp.sys.ibm.pc] 1989 Income Tax Software for PC

dbarnes@garth.UUCP (Dave Barnes) (01/03/90)

What is the best package for preparing income taxes?  We don't
have a lot of investments, except our house and some company stock,
but we'd like assistance on what sort of things are deductable
this year, etc.

Your advice is much appreciated.
David Barnes
UUCP: {pyramid,sri-unix,ingr}!apd!dbarnes     415/852-2365
USPS: Intergraph APD, 2400 Geng Road, Palo Alto, CA  94303

bill@ccvr1.ncsu.edu (William S. Smith) (01/03/90)

In article <3495@garth.UUCP> dbarnes@garth.UUCP (Dave Barnes) writes:
>What is the best package for preparing income taxes?  We don't
>have a lot of investments, except our house and some company stock,
>but we'd like assistance on what sort of things are deductable
>this year, etc.

For the last two years I have used the software prepared by Bammel
Software, POB 382194, Ducanville, TX 75138-2194, tel (214) 296-8518.
They offer a complete package for $24.00 which is simple to use, and had
no problems for the last two years.  IRS accepted the reports without
question - The 1040 itself is filled in by the user in ink using the
data from the program since IRS is very particular about the use of that
form.  Bammel does offer 1040 laser printer forms for those rich enough
to have such printers.  I have no connection with Bammel other than that
of a satisfied user who has ordered their package again this year.

boyer@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Charles David Boyer) (01/04/90)

bill@ccvr1.ncsu.edu (William S. Smith) writes:
>For the last two years I have used the software prepared by Bammel
>Software, POB 382194, Ducanville, TX 75138-2194, tel (214) 296-8518.
>They offer a complete package for $24.00 which is simple to use, and had
>no problems for the last two years.  IRS accepted the reports without
>question - The 1040 itself is filled in by the user in ink using the
>data from the program since IRS is very particular about the use of that

No, you CAN print the 1040 on a printer provided you use the original 1040
form to print on.  I have used an Epson dot matrix printer with this software
for the last three years and have had no trouble.

Dave Boyer