[comp.sys.ibm.pc] flickering monographic monitor question

kgreen@dukeac.UUCP (Kendall B Green) (01/02/90)

My Herc clone monographic monitor is flickering more frequently now.  Text
seems to "shimmer" each time I use it.  I have checked the connections between
the monitor and card, run various diagnositic programs without identifing the
problem.  Any suggestions besides replacing the card?
Thanks
Ken Green
--
Kendall B. Green
Duke University Medical Center

poffen@molehill (Russ Poffenberger) (01/05/90)

In article <1698@dukeac.UUCP> kgreen@dukeac.UUCP (Kendall B Green) writes:

>My Herc clone monographic monitor is flickering more frequently now.  Text
>seems to "shimmer" each time I use it.  I have checked the connections between
>the monitor and card, run various diagnositic programs without identifing the
>problem.  Any suggestions besides replacing the card?
>Thanks
>Ken Green

Make sure there are no magnetic sources near it. (ie transformers, etc)

1601 Technology Drive		CIS:	72401,276
San Jose, Ca. 95110
(408)437-5254