[comp.sys.ibm.pc] XMODEM Problem

steve@wintermute.ucsd.edu ({Darkavich}) (01/05/90)

I am using procomm and trying to down load from a BSD 4.3 system using
xmodem.
I have an XT with a 2400 baud modem (CMS).  The transfer rate is only 1200
baud when I check the time and transfer rate in the log file.  I cann't
figure out why, I do know that my modem has non-volatile memory and the
settings may be wrong.  I need HELP!

Thanks,
	Steve Misrack
	steve@ucsd.edu

poffen@molehill (Russ Poffenberger) (01/06/90)

In article <10807@ucsd.Edu> steve@wintermute.ucsd.edu ({Darkavich}) writes:

>I am using procomm and trying to down load from a BSD 4.3 system using
>xmodem.
>I have an XT with a 2400 baud modem (CMS).  The transfer rate is only 1200
>baud when I check the time and transfer rate in the log file.  I cann't
>figure out why, I do know that my modem has non-volatile memory and the
>settings may be wrong.  I need HELP!

The setting at the other end may be set to 1200. Most modems, when you dial up,
will attempt to sync at the current speed, however if the other modem does not
connect at 2400, then your local modem may switch to 1200 to match the other
end. Most Hayes compatible modems print a string whenn connected to indicate
the actual connection speed. (eg "Connect at 1200")

1601 Technology Drive		CIS:	72401,276
San Jose, Ca. 95110
(408)437-5254