[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Voice synthesizer boards?

matthew@intek01.UUCP (Matthew Kayes) (01/05/90)

I need a card or ba box that will allow my computer to do speech
generation.  I would like to send this card an ascii file and have
it say in a clear voice the ascii text.  The vocabulary can be
limited.

Thank you for your help.

Matthew Kayes
206-445-9935

maner@bgsuvax.UUCP (Walter Maner) (01/06/90)

From article <264@intek01.UUCP>, by matthew@intek01.UUCP (Matthew Kayes):
> I need a card or ba box that will allow my computer to do speech
> generation.  I would like to send this card an ascii file and have
> it say in a clear voice the ascii text.  The vocabulary can be
> limited.

If you want to do this under control of a high-level language, your best
bet is the kit HV-2000 ($89.95) from Heath-Zenith.  You can also just
dump text to the HV-2000 and it will pronounce it.  The HV-2000 is said
to work on any IBM PC, AT or XT or compatible.
WALT

--

InterNet maner@andy.bgsu.edu  (129.1.1.2)    | BGSU Comp Sci Dept
UUCP     ... !osu-cis!bgsuvax!maner          | Bowling Green, OH 43403

stevel@phred.UUCP (Steve Leach) (01/12/90)

In article <5299@bgsuvax.UUCP> maner@bgsuvax.UUCP (Walter Maner) writes:
...From article <264@intek01.UUCP>, by matthew@intek01.UUCP (Matthew Kayes):
...> I need a card or ba box that will allow my computer to do speech
...> generation.  I would like to send this card an ascii file and have
...> it say in a clear voice the ascii text.  The vocabulary can be
...> limited.
...>
...If you want to do this under control of a high-level language, your best
...bet is the kit HV-2000 ($89.95) from Heath-Zenith.  You can also just
...dump text to the HV-2000 and it will pronounce it.  The HV-2000 is said
...to work on any IBM PC, AT or XT or compatible.
...WALT

Another product you might look into is Speech Thing by COVOX
it also does voice recognition. price ~$70.  You can find
ads in the back of most pc mag's.
--
What can I say, fuvg unccraf.
Returns to sender: