[comp.sys.ibm.pc] DesqView QRAM

Ralf.Brown@B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU (01/10/90)

In article <648@qvax2.UUCP>, stv@qvax2.UUCP (Steve Vance@ex2499) wrote:
}QRAM's capabilities will be included free in the next version of
}QEMM-386.  If you sent in your registration card for QEMM, you
}will be getting an upgrade notice.

What Quarterdeck hasn't mentioned is that the current 4.23 version of QEMM-386
already supports this functionality (I've got 112K of stuff above 640K, and
could get another 96K of low memory [for 656K windows] by disabling graphics
on my VGA board)  When I first saw the ad for QRAM, I immediately thought,
"hey, they've unbundled LOADHI."

--
UUCP: {ucbvax,harvard}!cs.cmu.edu!ralf -=- 412-268-3053 (school) -=- FAX: ask
ARPA: ralf@cs.cmu.edu  BIT: ralf%cs.cmu.edu@CMUCCVMA  FIDO: Ralf Brown 1:129/46

akcs.amparsonjr@vpnet.UUCP (Anthony M. Parson, Jr.) (01/13/90)

DV uses about 7k, for each window, as I recall.
From vpnet!karl Sat Jan 13 02:19:43 1990
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 90 20:00 CST
From: karl@vpnet.uucp (Karl Denninger)
To: ddsw1!bbs-inbox