[comp.sys.ibm.pc] printshop on HPLJII

disbrow@skipper.dfrf.nasa.gov (Jim Disbrow) (01/10/90)

Has anyone gotten Printshop to work on an HPLJII?
I don't have any extra memory, only the half Meg that
comes with the HPLJII.
Printshop has a special installation for Laser printers
and I've done all that.
But a greeting card won't print - only a couple of lines.
My question is, is this normal?  Or do I need more memory.
Even if Printshop is bitmapped graphics, it seems like I
should get more than a few lines with 1/2 Meg.

Any help is appreciated.

Jim Disbrow
disbrow@skipper.dfrf.nasa.gov

  Brain. Brain. What is brain?
      -- Kara the Eymorg, "Spock's Brain," stardate 5432.3.

leonard@bucket.UUCP (Leonard Erickson) (01/13/90)

disbrow@skipper.dfrf.nasa.gov (Jim Disbrow) writes:

>I don't have any extra memory, only the half Meg that
>comes with the HPLJII.
>But a greeting card won't print - only a couple of lines.

Printshop cards are *always* a full page of bit mapped graphics.
On an HP LaserJet of *any* variety that is more that 1/2 meg
even at 75dpi (the lowest resolution).

To do *any kind of full page graphics on an HP LaserJet you want
at least a meg and 2 megs would be better
8.5x11 @ 300 dpi can easily exceed a meg.
--
Leonard Erickson		...!tektronix!reed!percival!bucket!leonard
CIS: [70465,203]