[comp.sys.ibm.pc] UUPC under DOS?

) (01/09/90)

Hi there,

I'm from Germany and right now on a temporary assignment from my company
in California. I have to return to Germany very soon and I'd like to now
if there are any German sites where I can get a newsfeed from Usenet.

I won't have a chance to get it through my company, therefore I'm looking
for a possibility to get it onto my PC via modem/acoustic coupler.

I know about PC software called UUPC. Does this also run with DOS rather
than UNIX?

Is it possible to connect a DOS PC to UUCP?

Your help would be appreciated and I hope to get an answer very soon.

Thanks.

Wolfgang Reischl
(reischl@siecomp.UUCP)

kmcvay@oneb.UUCP (Ken McVay) (01/11/90)

In article <255@siecomp.uucp>, reischl@siecomp.uucp (Mahlzeit!) writes:

> Is it possible to connect a DOS PC to UUCP?

There's a package (usually called UFG_103.ZIP or UFG_103.LZH) available
for DOS machines that does a fine job porting uucp to dos. The entire
package is about 650k, and you should certainly be able to locate it on
a nearby bulletin board system, particularly one that supports FidoNet
mailers....ask the office hackers if they can recommend a local system
where you can begin the search.

--
1B Systems Management Ltd. | 4B - 2520 Bowen Road, Nanaimo, B.C. V9T 3L3
Kenneth McVay  | Voice: 604-758-7414 | Envoy: ken.mcvay | RCSA: 89:681/1

wcr@branch.FIDONET.ORG (W.c. Rothanburg) (01/13/90)

>> Is it possible to connect a DOS PC to UUCP?

> There's a package (usually called UFG_103.ZIP or
> UFG_103.LZH) available
> for DOS machines that does a fine job porting uucp to dos.
> The entire
> package is about 650k, and you should certainly be able to
> locate it on
> a nearby bulletin board system, particularly one that
> supports FidoNet
> mailers....ask the office hackers if they can recommend a
> local system
> where you can begin the search.

As it so happens I have it on my BBS and am using it.  The phone number is (305) 979-2367 and the file is UFGATE.ARC.

Bill

--
"Out on a Limb in The Branch Office...."                            ]