[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Logitec Mouse Driver

duvalj@prism.cs.orst.edu (Joe Duval) (01/09/90)

Hi everyone,
  There was some articles on Logitec mouse drivers (newer versions than 3.42).
Also included was a number to call at Logitec to get these new drivers.  Well,
after two days of trying to get to their bulletin board, I have to decided to
come to ya'll to ask someone to possiblly uuencode the drivers and send them
to me.

The problem I am having is the mouse (Logitec HiRez) is corrupting the screen
in Microsoft Word 5.0.  Microsoft says it is the mouse driver and, again, I
haven't been able to get ahold of Logitec.  Anyone else have this problem?

Thank you
-Joe

duvalj@prism.cs.orst.edu
PH: (503) 757-1297

cramer@optilink.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) (01/10/90)

#
# The problem I am having is the mouse (Logitec HiRez) is corrupting the screen
# in Microsoft Word 5.0.  Microsoft says it is the mouse driver and, again, I
# haven't been able to get ahold of Logitec.  Anyone else have this problem?
#
# -Joe

Yes.  I have the same problem.  I also can't seem to get through to Logitech
BBS either.  I called them on the phone, and they said I have to mail my
old disk to them before they can send me a new one.  (What do they think
I'm going to do?  Use it with someone else's mouse?  They've already got
the ultimate copy protection dongle for their damn driver -- the mouse!)

If someone can post it, or mail me the current driver, I sure would
appreciate it.
--
Clayton E. Cramer {pyramid,pixar,tekbspa}!optilink!cramer
Democracy is freedom only when the majority are tolerant -- which is never.

lampi@pnet02.gryphon.com (Michael Lampi) (01/10/90)

>The problem I am having is the mouse (Logitec HiRez) is corrupting the screen
>in Microsoft Word 5.0.  Microsoft says it is the mouse driver and, again, I
>haven't been able to get ahold of Logitec.  Anyone else have this problem?
>
>Thank you
>-Joe
>
>duvalj@prism.cs.orts.edu
>PH: (503) 757-1297

Yes, I've had the same problem with Word 5.0 and 5.0A with my Logitech Hi-res
mouse on a 386 clone. It isn't always predictable, and I've just viewed it as
an annoyance. If you are a heavy mouse user, then it gets awful quite rapidly.
Fortunately, you can do almost everything faster in Word using function keys
and the cursor keys than you can with the mouse.

Let me know if anyone has a cure!
Michael Lampi               MDL Corporation   213/782-7888   fax 213/782-7927

UUCP: {ames!elroy, <routing site>}!gryphon!pnet02!lampi
INET: lampi@pnet02.gryphon.com
"My opinions are that of my corporation!"

pabres13@pc.usl.edu (Joubert John V.) (01/10/90)

	As I posted earlier, I use the Logitech Hi-Rez bus mousewith the
supplied Microsoft Mouse drivers in the Microsoft Products, and I have no
problem.  I think that you should try using the mouse driver that came
with Word.  I use it for Quick C and it works for 25,43, & 50 line modes.

	I have not tried Word, but I think it would work.

	If you try it, let us know, I am curious.

John Joubert                                      |  /\  |    /\    |     _
Internet: pabres13@usl-pc.usl.edu                 |  \|<>|>|> \|<>|>|><`|`|
USENET: ...!{dalsqnt,killer}!usl!usl-pc!pabres13  |--/|-------/|------------

phil@pepsi.amd.com (Phil Ngai) (01/12/90)

In article <2935@optilink.UUCP> cramer@optilink.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) writes:
|In article <14710@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU>, duvalj@prism.cs.orst.edu (Joe Duval) writes:
|# The problem I am having is the mouse (Logitec HiRez) is corrupting the screen
|# in Microsoft Word 5.0.  Microsoft says it is the mouse driver and, again, I
|# haven't been able to get ahold of Logitec.  Anyone else have this problem?
|
|Yes.  I have the same problem.  I also can't seem to get through to Logitech
|BBS either.  I called them on the phone, and they said I have to mail my
|old disk to them before they can send me a new one.  (What do they think

I too had problems with Logitech mice. I couldn't even get through on
the phone. I wrote a letter and got no response. So I dumped it and
replaced it with a Microsoft mouse. It works just great. No more problems.
And if I did have a problem, I've always had good support from Microsoft.

Logitech is a loser.

(no, I don't own any stock in MS. Yet.)

--
Phil Ngai, phil@diablo.amd.com		{uunet,decwrl,ucbvax}!amdcad!phil
Peace through strength.

wg@cbnewsm.ATT.COM (Bill Gieske) (01/13/90)

In article <28749@amdcad.AMD.COM>, phil@pepsi.amd.com (Phil Ngai) writes:
> I too had problems with Logitech mice. I couldn't even get through on
> the phone. I wrote a letter and got no response. So I dumped it and
> replaced it with a Microsoft mouse. It works just great. No more problems.
> And if I did have a problem, I've always had good support from Microsoft.
>
> Logitech is a loser.

I've always gotten excellent support from Logitech, even above and beyond the
call of duty, such as when I was rewiring the thing to connect it to the mouse
interface on my EGA card.

Logitech IS NOT a loser.

Bill Gieske

cbnewsm!wg

sdawalt@wright.EDU (Shane Dawalt) (01/14/90)

in article <28749@amdcad.AMD.COM>, phil@pepsi.amd.com (Phil Ngai) says:

> Logitech is a loser.
>
> (no, I don't own any stock in MS. Yet.)
>
> --
> Phil Ngai, phil@diablo.amd.com		{uunet,decwrl,ucbvax}!amdcad!phil
> Peace through strength.

  Funny, I look at Microsoft software and see many bugs, even after many
revisions.  I swear Microsoft is the looser as far as software goes.  Given
that, I wouldn't be surprised if it is Microsoft's fault that Logitech mice are
not working properly.  (Microsoft products should be taken with a grain of
salt and a shot of whisky.)

  Shane

Email: sdawalt@cs.wright.edu

fredb@llama.rtech.UUCP (Fred Buechler) (01/16/90)

In article <8515@cbnewsm.ATT.COM> wg@cbnewsm.ATT.COM (Bill Gieske) writes:

>Logitech IS NOT a loser.

I agree. They've always been real good to me, too.

Fred Buechler

jmann@bigbootay.sw.stratus.com (Jim Mann) (01/17/90)

My LogiTech Mouse was working fine, but didn't support Turbo C.  I called
them and asked them if they had any new menus. They said they had one
that would help, plus new drivers and such and would send them to me.
A couple of days later, I got everything. I didn't have to send them
old disks or anything, and they were very helpful.