[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Diablo Printers

csachs@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Colin Sachs) (01/17/90)

Recently, an old daisywheel Diablo HyType printer surfaced within the
Psychology Department at Ohio University and the possiblity of actually
putting it into service arose.  We would like to attach the printer to
an AT&T PC-compatible, but lack the documentation for the printer...
If anyone has any information about this particular printer or about
Diablo in general (like a service phone number or such), please e-mail
such information to me at the address below.

Thanks.
Colin Sachs - Dept. of Psych, Ohio University

--
Colin Sachs  -  csachs@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu

   Thesiate (v): the act of researching or writing a thesis.
   Dissertate (v): the act of researching or writing a dissertation.

burton@mitisft.Convergent.COM (Philip Burton) (01/18/90)

In article <981@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU> csachs@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Colin Sachs) writes:
>Recently, an old daisywheel Diablo HyType printer surfaced within the
>
>Thanks.
>Colin Sachs - Dept. of Psych, Ohio University

A good source for service, parts, etc. for all Diablo printers is
	The Printer Works
	415 887 6116
	Hayward or Newark, CA

	(East Bay, near SF)

No connection, just a satisfied customer.

However, are you really sure you want to do that?  Them old Diablos were powrful
noisy, and darn slow to boot!!! And, no graphics.

hbg6@citek.UUCP (John Schuch) (01/19/90)

>However, are you really sure you want to do that?  Them old Diablos were powrful
>noisy, and darn slow to boot!!! And, no graphics.

Call it computing on a budget. I use mine for mailmerged letters on
letterhead. I load up both sheet feeders, fire it up when I get ready
to leave, and let the things chug on all night long. Slow, but I don't
care. No graphics, but I don't need them.

Besides, I bought four of these printers for what you spend on ONE
toner cart for a laser!! :-)

John