[comp.sys.ibm.pc] A/D boards

bobm@qip.UUCP (Bob Maccione) (01/20/90)

Has anyone seen any sources for a CHEAP ( < $100 ) a/d board for the
PC, even a schematic would be appreciated. What I need is 8bits with
a sample rate of at least 4000 samples a second.

thanks
bob

gt1174a@prism.gatech.EDU (Horkan Smith) (01/21/90)

In article <1800@qip.UUCP> bobm@qip.UUCP (Bob Maccione) writes:
>Has anyone seen any sources for a CHEAP ( < $100 ) a/d board for the
>PC, even a schematic would be appreciated. What I need is 8bits with
>a sample rate of at least 4000 samples a second.

If all else fails, the january issue of Dr. Dobbs has a description of
circuitry & software for a DMA driven data acquisition setup.

*I'm* still trying to find a reasonable A/D chip for my purposes
(in the 50 Khz range).  Prototype boards are a bit pricey too...

the natural cheapskate,
  horkan

p.s. Apologies for posting - the mailer keeps complaining you don't exist...
--
G. Horkan Smith
uucp: ...!{allegra,amd,hplabs,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!prism!gt1174a