[comp.sys.ibm.pc] High-resolution Monochrome Monitors

borsom@imokay.dec.com (Doug Borsom) (01/17/90)

Any netlanders know of monochrome monitors capable
of displaying 1024x768 noninterlaced?

I am looking for a standard aspect monitor (rather than
a portrait-aspect monitor intended for full-page display
in desk-top publishing applications, such as the monitor
sold by Princeton Publishing Labs).

Essentially, what I want is a monochrome version of the NEC 4D
or the Sony 1304.

Any help is appreciated.

leoh@hardy.hdw.csd.harris.com (Leo Hinds) (01/20/90)

The Amdek1280/Wyse700 (really the same thing ... but the price differs) are
a card/monitor combo for under $1k that (I believe) offer the resolution you
are looking for.  Interlaced? ... not sure ... you can call WYSE @ (800)get-wyse
and ask them directly ...

leoh@hdw.csd.harris.com    .or.    uunet!hcx1!hardy!leoh              d   sssss
L        eeeee    oooo                   H    H          nnnn     ddddd   ss
L        eee     o    o                  HHHHHH     i    n   n   d    d     ss
LLLLLL   eeeee    oooo                   H    H     i    n    n   ddddd  sssss

dhinds@portia.Stanford.EDU (David Hinds) (01/21/90)

In article <2655@hcx1.SSD.CSD.HARRIS.COM>, leoh@hardy.hdw.csd.harris.com (Leo Hinds) writes:
> The Amdek1280/Wyse700 (really the same thing ... but the price differs) are
> a card/monitor combo for under $1k that (I believe) offer the resolution you
> are looking for.  Interlaced? ... not sure ... you can call WYSE @ (800)get-wyse
     The Princeton Graphics Max15 is a multisync monochrome monitor with a
maximum resolution of 1024x768 *interlaced*, and can be had for about $230
if you shop, though seems to be getting harder to find.  For about the same
price, you could get an NEC multisync GS2A, with a bit lower resolution,
800x600.  I was shopping for a monochrome monitor recently, and between these
two, finally decided on the NEC.  On a small screen, I don't think you gain
much for pushing the resolution past 800x600.  I use an ATI VGA Wonder card,
and the NEC has been flawless.

 - David Hinds
   dhinds@portia.stanford.edu