[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Hypercard like software for IBM-PC?

arman@oahu.uucp (01/19/90)

The subject says it all. I'm wondering if there are any Hypercard
look-alikes for the IBM PC?

Thanx in advance,
-arman.

-- Arman Bostani	// UCLA Computer Science Department
-- arman@CS.UCLA.EDU	// ...!{uunet,rutgers,ucbvax}!cs.ucla.edu!arman

jmerrill@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Jason Merrill) (01/19/90)

In article <30985@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> arman@oahu.uucp () writes:
>The subject says it all. I'm wondering if there are any Hypercard
>look-alikes for the IBM PC?

Check out Zoomracks.  It was around before Hypercard, and I believe the
author may have sued Apple over look and feel...:)
And it's shareware.

tat@pccuts.pcc.amdahl.com (Tom Thackrey) (01/19/90)

In article <30985@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> arman@oahu.uucp () writes:
 >The subject says it all. I'm wondering if there are any Hypercard
 >look-alikes for the IBM PC?
HyperPad works well, except it uses character graphics, as an MS-DOS
based HyperCard work-alike.
--
Tom Thackrey sun!amdahl!tat00

[ The opinions expressed herin are mine alone. ]

jeff@cdp.UUCP (01/20/90)

Zoomracks doesn't look ANYTHING like Hypercard.  It's hard to
see why Paul Heckel was able to get Apple to pay for the technology.

	Jeff Dean
	uunet!pyramid!cdp!jeff

n8541751@unicorn.WWU.EDU (kriston m. bruland) (01/21/90)

There is a hypermedia product called LinkWay which was developed and is being
marketed by IBM.

It's not a "Hypercard for the PC", but offers the same basic functionality,
with buttons, scripts, pop-ups, pictures, etc., and there is a run-time
version also available, so that your applications can be distributed
ready-to-run.

--
n8541751@unicorn.wwu.edu  |   Theory is useless without practical application
8541751@nessie.wwu.edu    |   and does not constitute practical application in