[comp.sys.ibm.pc] CD ROMS

JDYARD01@ULKYVX.BITNET (Jonathan D. Yarden) (01/24/90)

Anyone know of source code for ISO standard CD-ROMS?  'C' would be ideal
but I will accept any reasonably documented assembler code as well.\

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan Yarden

acm@grendal.Sun.COM (Andrew MacRae) (01/25/90)

In article <9001240144.AA25442@jade.berkeley.edu> JDYARD01@ULKYVX.BITNET (Jonathan D. Yarden) writes:
>Anyone know of source code for ISO standard CD-ROMS?  'C' would be ideal
>but I will accept any reasonably documented assembler code as well.\

Unless I am missing the point of your question, the answer is that there
is no 'source' code to be had.  Microsoft distributes a DOS extension that
allows any program to access a CD-ROM as though it is just another (very
large) disk on the pc.  Your standard c library of file routines (open, close,
fread, etc) will work as normal.  The Microsoft extensions are usually
included with the CD-ROM player when purchased but may also be obtained
seperately.