[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Publish-It Lite

cs032@zeus.unl.edu (01/21/90)

Does anyone have Publish-It Lite by Timeworks?  I have a couple of questions
about it.

1) What are the drawing tools like?

2) What graphics formats can it import?

3) How does it differ from Publish-It by Timeworks?

------------------------------------------------------.
| Scott Ames                             University of |
| Bitnet:          CS032@UNOMA1           Nebraska at  |
| Internet:        CS032@ZEUS.UNL.EDU        Omaha     |
`------------------------------------------------------'

boba@hpwarau.hp.com (Bob Alexander) (01/25/90)

In article <6697.25b88353@zeus.unl.edu> cs032@zeus.unl.edu writes:
>Does anyone have Publish-It Lite by Timeworks?  I have a couple of questions
>about it.

I have Publish It, and the Lite version is a subset.

>1) What are the drawing tools like?

Publish It has only primitive tools: set/clear a pixel, draw a line,
box, circle, or box with curved corners.  It's unlikely that Lite would
have more than this.

>2) What graphics formats can it import?

Publish It imports from GEM Draw, GEM Paint, PC Paintbrush and Lotus
1-2-3.  I don't know what Lite supports.

>3) How does it differ from Publish-It by Timeworks?

One big difference that convinced me to get Publish It is that the Lite
version won't generate 300 dpi output, so even if you have a LaserJet
(or other laser printer) or DeskJet, the printout will be of dot-matrix
quality.

  Bob Alexander      | Government is a crutch for people who can't handle
  boba@hpwala.hp.com | reality.
  Organizations don't have opinions: individuals do.  The opinions expressed
  above do not necessarily reflect those of the stockholders, employees, or
  directors of Hewlett-Packard.