[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Laserlst.com

neumann@udel.edu (Brian R. Neumann) (01/24/90)

In article <25b67a21:4217.2comp.sys.ibm.pc;1@vpnet.UUCP> akcs.amparsonjr@vpnet.UUCP (Anthony M. Parson, Jr.) writes:
>                            I suggest you download PC Mag's improved
>Laserlst.com (to fit two full pages sideways in lineprinter font).

Where Can I get a copy of this ?

Brian
--

         _               _           _

LC.YRS@forsythe.stanford.edu (Richard Stanton) (01/25/90)

In article <9008@nigel.udel.EDU>,
neumann@udel.edu (Brian R. Neumann) writes:
>In article <25b67a21:4217.2comp.sys.ibm.pc;1@vpnet.UUCP> akcs.amparsonjr@vpnet.UUCP (Anthony M. Parson, Jr.) writes:
>>                            I suggest you download PC Mag's improved
>>Laserlst.com (to fit two full pages sideways in lineprinter font).
>>

>Where Can I get a copy of this ?

Via FTP from WSMR-SIMTEL20.army.mil.

It may be in the directory pd:<msdos.printer>, but if not,
it will certainly be in one of the PC mag archives in
pd:<msdos.pcmag>. The only problem is finding which one. If
you are lucky, you will find out by looking at the file
00-index.txt in that directory.

Richard Stanton
pstanton@gsb-what.stanford.edu

khc@eecea.eece.ksu.edu (Ken Carpenter) (01/25/90)

An alternate way to get two pages per sheet from a Laserjet is to use
a modified version of the UNIX "pr" command, which runs on the PC and
has a switch for such output.
I found a version of pr for the PC, with c source, from Morris Jones,
MicroPro Int'l Corp., Product Development: mojo@micropro.UUCP or
{lll-crg,ptsfa,dual,well,pyramid}!micropro!mp-mojo!mojo.
The "readme" with the source asked for changes and comments to be sent
to the above.  I tried, but the mailer bounced it back (all versions).
I don't know the date from the original source.  I  made some minor
bug fixes and added the 2-pages-to-one-sheet for LJII myself.
I would like to share the modified version if Jones agrees.  If he
or someone who knows him reads this, please let me know.

Ken Carpenter:  khc@eecea.eece.ksu.edu
                --
Kenneth H. Carpenter     |   913-532-5600    |   khc@eecea.eece.ksu.edu
Electrical & Computer Engineering Department |     KHCARPEN@ksuvm.bitnet