[comp.sys.ibm.pc] WANTED: LIM/EMS 4.0 and XMS Standards

cb@sequoia.UUCP (Christopher D. Brown) (01/23/90)

I need to acquire copies of the LIM/EMS 4.0 standard and the XMS
standard (HIMEM.SYS).  If you have either of these standards in
machine readable form, please send them via the net.  References
to sources for these documents would also be valuable.  Your
assistance is appreciated.

Thanx ... Chris

--
Christopher D. Brown

Digital: {uunet|texbell|cs.utexas.edu}!execu!cb
Analog: (512) 327-7070
Physical: Execucom, 108 Wild Basin Road, Two Wild Basin, Austin, TX 78764

From article <6795@sequoia.UUCP>, by cb@sequoia.UUCP (Christopher D. Brown):
> I need to acquire copies of the LIM/EMS 4.0 standard and the XMS
> standard (HIMEM.SYS).  If you have either of these standards in
> machine readable form, please send them via the net.  References
> to sources for these documents would also be valuable.  Your
> assistance is appreciated.

From the title page in front of me:

Lotus/Intel/Microsoft
Expanded Memory Specification

Version 4.0
300275-005
October, 1987

Copyright (c) 1987

Lotus Development Corporation
55 Cambridge Parkway
Cambridge, MA, 02142

Intel Corporation
5200 NE Elam Young Parkway
Hillsboro, OR, 97124

Microsoft Corporation
16011 NE 36th Way
Box 97017
Redmond, WA, 98703

j				|%|John Lawitzke, Dale Computer Corp., R&D
Inquiring minds just wondering. |%|Internet: jhl@frith.egr.msu.edu

iain@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au (Iain Fogg) (01/25/90)

cb@sequoia.UUCP (Christopher D. Brown) writes:

>I need to acquire copies of the LIM/EMS 4.0 standard and the XMS
>standard (HIMEM.SYS).  If you have either of these standards in
>machine readable form, please send them via the net.  References
>to sources for these documents would also be valuable.  Your
>assistance is appreciated.

I'd also be interested in getting copies of both standards.
If anybody could oblige, I'd appreciate it.

Iain.

akcs.amparsonjr@vpnet.UUCP (Anthony M. Parson, Jr.) (02/02/90)

I don't have machine readable form of the LIM 4.0 standard, but received
my copy (~80 pages long, 5 x 8 format) directly from Intel.  Write to them
on letterhead, and request it.  I was not charged for it.
  |          STANDARD DISCLAIMER:        |
  |  "... on the other hand, some very   |   UUCP: akcs.amparsonjr@vpnet.uucp
  |  knowledgable people may justifiably |
  |  disagree with my comments, in whole |   C-serve: 73336,1667
  |  or in part ... "                    |