[net.music] genesis lyrics

jwr@ccieng5.UUCP ( James Walter Reid) (05/02/84)

> Wake up you Genesis Dweebs!

> Ohkanoton (sic) & Itsacon in 9/8

> That driving beat: 1-2-3-4 1-2-3 1-2
> 		     1-2-3-4 1-2-3 1-2
> And the Gogs and Megog turning around
> The Pied Piper takes his children underground....

> By the ways, this too is more of Gabriel's lyrics....

Please, if you wish to speak of genesis with any authority, get the words right!

" with the guards of magog swarming around,
  the pied piper takes his children underground..."

This is probably my alltime favorite genesis song, filled with many ups and
downs. Great melodrama.

Another genesis fave of mine is the album "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway".
Any replies?

Until next time....

JR

thielges@uiuccsb.UUCP (05/10/84)

#R:ccieng5:-41600:uiuccsb:10200028:000:571
uiuccsb!thielges    May  9 16:26:00 1984

I agree, The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway is my favorite Genesis album too.
Sure, it may be confused and overblown, but I need a heavy dose of
surealism every once and a while.

One odd note : Armando Gallo (professional Genesis groupie) stated in his
biographical book on Genesis that P. Gabriel was planning on making a
movie from TLLDoB.  I have a feeling that he is wrong or at least premature
because in the same book, he said that the next Genesis album (Duke, then)
would feature a side long 'epic' like 'Supper's Ready'.

				Bart Thielges
				...uiucdcs!thielges