[comp.sys.ibm.pc] The Book - _Fractal Programming in C_

rogerson@PEDEV.Columbia.NCR.COM (Dale Rogerson) (01/24/90)

	Has anyone seen the book _Fractal Programming in C_?  Is it a
	good start for playing with fractals?  Thanks for any help.

	-----Dale
		Rogerson-----

brothers@jetsun.WEITEK.COM (bill brothers) (02/03/90)

In article <1303@crash.cts.com> elund@pro-graphics.cts.com (Eric Lund) writes:

>write Mandelbrot, I'd suggested finding FRACTINT and FRACTDOC on a BBS.  They
>do integer math (quicker than floating point) and give you the C & ASM source.
True mostly. If you are using a weitek FPU, most basic fp math operations are
2 cycles. I agree with the recommendation to check out FRACTINT et.al.

>Have fun with fractals!  (That's Mr. Roger's fractillic dimension, I think.)
>
>Eric
>
> ProLine: elund@pro-graphics

Bill
brothers@weitek.com