[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Need V20 CPU chip

fredex@cg-atla.UUCP (Fred Smith) (02/03/90)

In article <1499@east.East.Sun.COM> jimv@hienergy.East.Sun.COM (Jim Vienneau  - Sun BOS Cust Serv) writes:
>I have this bizarre application that will only run on a PC with a V20
>CPU installed. Anybody have one (any speed) kicking around that they
>don't need? I'm sure we can work something out if you do.

A NEC V20 is really inexpensive--no need to finagle. I bought a 10Mhz
part from JDR Microdevices a year and a half ago for $12.95. Last time I
noticed they were selling them for a buck or two less than that. Not a
problem, as their minimum purchase is (was then) a measly ten bucks.

If you need a 5 or 8 Mhz part they are even more inexpensive (less expensive??)

Fred