[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Is GW-BASIC included with DOS? I say it better!!!

harlow@plains.UUCP (Jay B. Harlow) (02/06/90)

In article <gDwZD7w160w@gendep> craig@gendep.ogc.edu writes:
>fcr@saturn.wustl.edu (Frank C. Robey X5569) writes:
>
>> Does GW-BASIC no longer come bundled with DOS?  I
>> recently purchased MS/DOS 4.01 and I did not get
>> BASIC with it.  Since I haven't used BASIC in
>> many years, I don't really care that much, I was
>> just wondering when Microsoft stopped bundling
>> BASIC with DOS.
>
>Funny, my copy of MS-DOS 4.01 included GW-BASIC on disk, though there
>was no accompanying manual...

Hello,
  I got MS-DOS 4.01 from Zeos, it included both manuals & GW-BASIC,
MS actually added some features I didn't expect ( don't remember what ;-)

Personaly I would question any copy of a software product i Purchased
that did not come 'complete' or with out manuals.
i.e. do some mail order places actually sell you a legit copy of DOS
or did they purchase ONE copy, and put it on your hard you purchased,
then charge you for a copy of thiers.  So if you did not get
the manuals or GW-BASIC I would call Microsoft & ask if this company
has the 'rights' to resell MS-DOS, & why they aren't selling the
manuals or complete package.....

	I hate copyright infringements........

		Jay
--
		Jay B. Harlow	<harlow@plains.nodak.edu>
	uunet!plains!harlow (UUCP)	harlow@plains (Bitnet)

Of course the above is personal opinion, And has no bearing on reality...