[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Xwindows software for IBM PC

nghiem@ut-emx.UUCP (Head UNIX Hacquer) (02/06/90)

Now that I have and Intel 386/PC in my clone, it seems that the
thing should be fast enough to operate as an Xwindows terminal.
Does such software exist?

woan@peyote.cactus.org (Ronald S. Woan) (02/06/90)

In article <24118@ut-emx.UUCP>, nghiem@ut-emx.UUCP (Head UNIX Hacquer) writes:
> Now that I have and Intel 386/PC in my clone, it seems that the
> thing should be fast enough to operate as an Xwindows terminal.
> Does such software exist?

Sure does! Just check out the latest UNIX World or UNIX Review for ads. A
few that come to mind are (IBM's ?) X on DOS program, HP, and DEC are also
marketing their own.

						Ron
+ Ronald S. Woan       @cs.utexas.edu:ibmchs!auschs!woan.austin.ibm.com!ron +
+ second choice:                                     woan@peyote.cactus.org +

stecz@hotwheel.dell.com (John Steczkowski) (02/06/90)

In article <24118@ut-emx.UUCP>, nghiem@ut-emx.UUCP (Head UNIX Hacquer) writes:
> Now that I have and Intel 386/PC in my clone, it seems that the
> thing should be fast enough to operate as an Xwindows terminal.
> Does such software exist?

Take a look at pcXview and pcXsight, there are probably others

John Steczkowski
Dell Unix Customer Support  P#: (512) 343-3571
9505 Arboretum Blvd.	    !s: uunet!dell!hotwheel!stecz
Austin, Texas 78759	    @s: stecz@hotwheel.dell.com