[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Increasing disk storage on PS M80-041 from 44MB to 300MB

doherty@vax1.tcd.ie (02/04/90)

I have a IBM PS M80 041   with a 44MB disk drive. I would like
to increase the disk storage on the machine by quite a lot but
I seem only to have an option to add an additional 44MB.
Has anyone found a way of adding > 44MB to this type of machine.
I would like to go up as high as   300MB if possible.
I would be very gratefull for suggestions and will summarise to
net if interest is indicated. Thank you for reading this message.
regards .... Michael Doherty, Computer Laboratory, University of Dublin,
Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Doherty@Vax1.TCD.IE, IPSS no 027243154000822, Tel +353-1-772941 extn 1751,
Fax +353-1-792587

cur022@zodiac.ukc.ac.uk (Bob Eager) (02/07/90)

In article <5475@vax1.tcd.ie>, doherty@vax1.tcd.ie writes:
> I have a IBM PS M80 041   with a 44MB disk drive. I would like
> to increase the disk storage on the machine by quite a lot but
> I seem only to have an option to add an additional 44MB.
> Has anyone found a way of adding > 44MB to this type of machine.

I believe there are a few third party suppliers who can supply large drives.
Priam is the name that comes to mind, but I am afraid you'll have to search
for adverts since I can't remember any more...
Bob Eager            | University of Kent at Canterbury
rde@ukc.ac.uk        | +44 227 764000 ext 7589
*** NB *** Do NOT use the return path in the article header ***************