[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Looking for Micro-Channel Compatible Reset Switch

jal@ee.rochester.edu (John Lefor) (02/08/90)

I just got a PS/2 system to use for writing some systems
type software.  The code I will be writing will tend to
crash the machine a lot.  I was wondering if anyone knew of
a source of "reset" switches for the MCA machines.  I am not
a hardware hack,  but I can locate pins on a bus or chip.

Thanks for the help.

I program ... therefore I am.

John Lefor    	University of Rochester		Dept of E. Engineering
716-275-8265	jal@ee.rochester.edu		uunet!ur-valhalla!jal

cur022@zodiac.ukc.ac.uk (Bob Eager) (02/08/90)

In article <1990Feb7.181327.28822@ee.rochester.edu>, jal@ee.rochester.edu (John Lefor) writes:
> I just got a PS/2 system to use for writing some systems
> type software.  The code I will be writing will tend to
> crash the machine a lot.  I was wondering if anyone knew of
> a source of "reset" switches for the MCA machines.  I am not
> a hardware hack,  but I can locate pins on a bus or chip.

I would be interested in this too. Meanwhile, if it's a 386 there is a possible
software solution. Get VM-386 from IGC; it allows multiple virtual machines,
and you can reboot a virtual machine even if it's fairly badly hung (hit
SysReq and ask VM-386 to reboot it/kill it).

It's a nice package anyway....
--
Bob Eager            | University of Kent at Canterbury