[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Seikosha printer woes

akcs.amparsonjr@vpnet.UUCP (Anthony M. Parson, Jr.) (02/04/90)

This looks like a case for a ribbon reinker.  If you want to do this as
cheaply as possible, build your own.  I made one for my Proprinter, with
odd pieces of aluminum(frame),copper tubing with drilled holes (ink
reservoir), clamps (temporary, as you'd do this only once in a while),
and a method to turn the ribbon cartridge.  On the proprinter, I drilled
a hole in the plastic thumbscrew, and made a coat hanger wire device to
chuck into a variable speed drill.  Of course, you have to have at least
one ribbon do do the reinking...

Standard disclaimers apply.  I don't work for any companies mentioned, but
I am available for product endorsements, much like every other household
name in sports, theatre, broadcase, and print media.  My problem, is I'm
not yet a house hold word...
  |          STANDARD DISCLAIMER:        |
  |  "... on the other hand, some very   |   UUCP: akcs.amparsonjr@vpnet.uucp
  |  knowledgable people may justifiably |
  |  disagree with my comments, in whole |   C-serve: 73336,1667
  |  or in part ... "                    |

akcs.graf_e@tronsbox.UUCP (Graf Eberstein) (02/05/90)

>Item: 68 by *Masked* at cci632.UUCP
>  Subj: Seikosha printer woes
>  Keyw:
>  Date: Tue Jan 30 1990 21:02
>
>Recently I was offered a Seikosha SK-3000AI dot matrix printer for FREE!
>Well it was such a deal (even though the thing was pretty beat) that I took
>it under my wing.
>
>Then I found out why someone just gave it to me when I tried to find ribbons
>for it.  But also I noticed in the manual that this model has a color option
>cartridge you can buy.  WOW! a free printer (with hard to find ribbons) and
>potential color output.

I have some help here for you: I picked up the name and adress of some
printer ribbon dealers at the last Computer Show, and will post them so you
can inquire if they have them.

akcs.graf_e@tronsbox.UUCP (Graf Eberstein) (02/09/90)

Okay, I inquired with several distributors, and here's the result:

Two dealers at the show do carry the ribbons you need. They are:

                   Thrifty Bits
                   P.O. Box 98
                   Penns Park, Pa  18943
                   215-598-0312