[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Looking for Tektronix 4010/4014 emulation package

kelly@ipla01.hac.com (Keith Kelly) (02/07/90)

Does anyone have recommendations/experience concerning any Tektronix 4010/4014
emulation software?  If so, what are the graphics interface requirements?
Thanks in advance.
--
Keith Kelly                    Internet   : kelly@ipla01.hac.com
Hughes Aircraft Company        HAC DECnet : IPLA01::KELLY

nghiem@ut-emx.UUCP (nghiem) (02/07/90)

In article <7192@hacgate.scg.hac.com> kelly@ipla01.hac.com (Keith Kelly) writes:
>Does anyone have recommendations/experience concerning any Tektronix 4010/4014
>emulation software?  If so, what are the graphics interface requirements?

Try MS-Kermit 3.00 available by anonymous ftp from watson.cc.columbia.edu.
MS-Kermit autosenses all standard IBM graphics modes, including Hercules.

This article is posted for factual information only. Any misrepresentation,
if any, is purely unintentional. Any opinion expressed or implicit in
these remarks are solely my own.

nghiem@emx.utexas.edu
!cs.utexas.edu!ut-emx!nghiem
nghiem@walt.cc.utexas.edu
!cs.utexas.edu!ut-emx!walt!nghiem

khc@eecea.eece.ksu.edu (Ken Carpenter) (02/08/90)

There is a commercial emulator for PC's called VTEK, by Scientific Endeavors
Corp. of Kingston, TN (615)376-4146.  I consulted for them several years
ago and wrote the driver for the Tecmar Graphics Master that was included
in the package.  Since then they have added support for just about every
PC graphics card, and also allow hard copy output to many different devices.
VTEK version 4 also emulates color Tek terminals.  I don't know their
current prices, but they used to have small ads in the classified sections
of computer magazines.

--
Kenneth H. Carpenter     |   913-532-5600    |   khc@eecea.eece.ksu.edu
Electrical & Computer Engineering Department |     KHC@ksuvm.bitnet

  Take a look at Kermit before you spend money on a commercial emulator.
I'm told by users that it's better than at least the commercial packages
they used to use.
--
	bill davidsen - sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX
davidsen@sixhub.uucp		...!uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen

"Getting old is bad, but it beats the hell out of the alternative" -anon